Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Time to get serious

I decided it was time to stop making excuses. It was time to be serious and start taking action. Faith without good deeds is useless.   I'm not saying I've lost my faith, or that it's slipped, because it hasn't, but my actions certainly don't reflect that.    Although real life events and situations have kept us out of church recently, I shouldn't let those things impact and interfere with time spent alone with God, and I have.

So I decided it was time to get serious.  I signed up for the Maximize Your Morning challenge (#hellomornings, #mym3) to help me get up early and voice my concerns with the Lord each day.

I signed up for the new Good Morning Girls summer session.  Between the daily SOAP readings and the book study (my copy of Ministry of Motherhood will be here by Thursday), it gives me something to focus on when I'm up before the crack of dawn trying to spend time alone with the Lord.

I made a special playlist of my top praise/worship songs - those that I know I can listen to over and over because they have the most impact to me.  It consists of:

  • Awake My Soul by Phillips, Craig & Dean (my 5 min workout song)
  • How Can I Keep From Singing by Chris Tomlin
  • I Refuse by Josh Wilson
  • Your Grace Is Enough by Chris Tomlin
  • Take Me In by Kutless
  • We Give You Glory by Jeremy Camp
  • Hungry (Falling on My Knees) by Kathryn Scott
  • Saviour King by Hillsong Church
  • Here I Am to Worship by Chris Tomlin/David Crowder Band

I'm also doing a re-reading of Warrior Prayers because my boys need the Lord in their life and it's part of my responsibility as mom to pray scripture over them each and every day.  Today's prayers are on submission, something I struggle with myself.  It's so hard to pray something for someone else when you don't even feel you have control over it yourself, but I pray that by doing this for my boys, that I'll gain from it as well.

So there you have my plan to put my faith into action, at least on a personal level.  I need accountability though. If you don't see regular updates coming from me, if I get through a week of blogging SOAP, or 2 weeks of the book club and stop posting - won't you please call me out on it?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...