Tuesday, May 17, 2011

GMG Week 1, Days 1-2

Week 1, Day 1 - 5/16

S - Write out the scripture passage for the day.

Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builders is wasted. Unless the Lord protects a city, guarding it with sentries will do no good. Psalm 127:1


O - Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.

1. Our efforts are pointless without the Lord behind us.

A - Write down 1 or 2 applications from the passage.

1. I will let the Lord be the foundation of my home.
2. I will pray for His protection over my family and all we do.

P - Pray over what you learned from today's passage.

Heavenly Father, thank you for blessing me with a home, a husband, and children. I pray that we will desire to build our foundation in you, Lord. Put a hedge of protection over all we do Lord, and remind us that we do it all for you. Amen.



Week 1, Day 2 - 5/17


S - Write out the scripture passage for the day.

Remain in me and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:4-5


O - Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.

1. I am like a fruit.
2. We need God in our life in order to be fully productive.


A - Write down 1 or 2 applications from the passage.

1. I must share my faith with others.
2. I must remain dedicated to a daily focus on Him.


P - Pray over what you learned from today's passage.

Father God, I pray you watch over me today and help me to be the fruit of your tree. I pray to be reminded to be quick to repent when I mess up today, that all may see I owe it to you.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...