Monday, May 23, 2011

GMG W1D4-5 & W2D1

I really struggled last Thursday because I felt I didn't get anything close to what my other GMG friends got out of the day's passage.  I had to remind myself that there are no wrong answers.  Well, okay, maybe if I was an atheist there could be wrong answers, but I'm not, so there aren't.  ;)   I just struggle with the depth of insight that other moms are getting and I'm not getting that. I desire it and I know I need to push forward and ignore the enemy's whispers in order to get there.

Thursday - 2 Timothy 1:5

S - I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother and your mother. And I know that same faith continues strong in you.  2 Timothy 1:5

O - I share faith with my ancestors. God believes in me. I have faith to share with those that come after me.

A - I will seek out a mentor; continue to look to others for guidance and support.  Stay strong in my faith and grow my children up in it.

P - Lord, help me a strong warrior for you, Lord, that my children will see it and seek out a similar relationship with you. Help me share my faith with generations to come.


What I really felt strongly about this passage was that we need mentors. I didn't have a grandmother and mother that shared their faith with me.  I desire to have that now that I'm searching to be that kind of mother, and eventually that kind of grandmother.  The Lord reminded me though that I am that kind of mother, and I'm that kind of Auntie as well, and if I stay strong all will end up okay in the end.

 Friday - Proverbs 6:20-22

S - My son, obey your father;s commands and don't neglect your mother's instruction. Keep their words always in  your heart. Tie them around your neck. When you walk, their counsel will lead you. When you sleep, they will protect you. When you wake up, they will advise you.

O - It's important to pay attention to our parent's advice. They have knowledge we need in order to grow, and that knowledge will be with us always.

A - Pray I give godly council to my children. speak words of love and wisdom instead of anger and frustration.

P - Lord, guard my tongue. Let it be a tool of love, not anger. Let everything otu of my mouth glorify you that they will see the change in me and be encouraged. 

And now it's Monday.  The start of a fresh day, a fresh week.  A day and a week to make a change.  Today we start reading the intro to our book. Mine came in the mail Saturday and for once I'm really excited to be part of a book club. 


Monday - Psalm 127:3

S - Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.

O - My children are a precious gift, given to me by the Lord because of His love for me.

A - I must always remember how precious my boys are, even when they drive me absolutely crazy.

P - Father God, thank you for the wonderful gift of my sons.  Thank you for loving me, for trusting me enough to raise them up to become the Godly men you've called them to be.  Lord, you've shown me glimpses of what is to come, and I must have faith in this. Your word is never wrong.  No matter how long it may take them to get there, no matter what bad choices they make until then, they have always belonged to you. It's my job to help them see that and to desire that, and I thank you so much for giving me this chance.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...