Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hope sings within my spirit

A few days ago I was so down and out I couldn't see the Light, even though I knew I needed to be reaching for it anyway. The following day, I read this post by Ann Voskamp and it all clicked together.  Her words inspired me, made me fell less alone in my little corner of the darkness.  The Lord spoke to me through her and for that I am extremely grateful.


And the tune resonates in the open space, To show us how emptiness sings.
Singing truth to myself: stay open to His will, lay the hand open, always be an open space, surrendered to His sovereignty.To take Christ-courage and bare the empty places, because like the inner hollow chamber of a guitar, it’s only when we stand in our own interior emptiness that we can become an amphitheater of God song.

God is opening my eyes in so many ways, my ears and my heart as well.  There is disenchantment in some areas of my life; hope for growth and change in others.

I know, I know. How odd it is to hear me speak of hopeful change when only a few days ago I was bemoaning it.  Isn't God just awesome?
Unchangeable, unshakable, unstoppable, that's what You are
God emphasized those words in our worship this morning because He knew I needed the reminder. He knows where I am right now, where I'm going. He knows my struggles and my fears. He knows where and when my valley will become a mountain moved out of my way.

God tells me, "Hold on. Be patient, my child, for it is not yet time."

And so I will wait. I will allow God to have control over every aspect of my life because that is what He desires of me.

We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy. Col 1:11 (NLT)
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6-7 (NLT)

I will set aside the things of this world that serve as distractions. I will focus my eyes on Him in words and praise and prayer. I will remember that I need not worry how this situation will play out because He already knows the end and cannot be surprised.  I will cling to my faith and obedience and wait it out. I will cherish the knowledge that the hope I find in my spirit is a sign of what I know to be the next step in my relationship with the Lord.

That, more than anything, is reason to have hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...