Friday, August 6, 2010

Saturday Stumbles

I saw the idea for Saturday Stumbles (#SatStumbles) posted by @itscome2this who I follow on Twitter. I thought it was a great idea and since I've been doing a lot of googling and reading blogging beyond my normal confines these past couple weeks, I decided to share my finds.  :)

Every day LivingSocial.com sends you an email offering a significant discount to a local business.  A few weeks ago I got a 50% discount to the chocolate bar.  Premium chocolate goodies @ half price = a very happy me.

Trying to save some money?  Check out The Saved Quarter. I spent hours in there reading through her blogs about boxed vs. homemade recipe comparisons, extra money making jobs (mystery shopping anyone?), and lots of other good tips for frugal living.   Another one of my favorite frugal living sites is Frugal Confessions.  I'm not very good at living frugally just yet, but we're working on it.

Dealing with food allergies are a way of life for me, but I'm forever searching for a good, tastes like white bread, alternative to wheat-based white bread.  I stumbled across this recipe for a Millet Oatmeal bread that sounds like it might actually be something I'd eat on a regular basis.  Now I just need our finances to straighten out a bit so I can make a trip to the health food store to get the supplies.

My favorite find this week is this free audio book website. I've already DL'd the entire Little Women series to my iPod and will start listening tomorrow while I dig my way through the mountain of laundry in my room.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I LOVE Living Social!! And I need to click around on all your other suggestions too!! Thanks for linking up!!

    (What's your twitter handle? I couldn't find it on here & want to make sure I'm following you!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...