Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Praising Him in the Storm

Over the past several days I've been coming across two consistent and related themes: that no matter what circumstance we find ourself in, we must always remember to live our faith obediently and praise Him above all.

It's been a hectic week recovering from a week-long illness, financial struggles, trials with difficult teenagers, backed up plumbing problems, rainy days that make for a rough day on the husband, and finally culminating tonight in an unfortunate accident involving Andy and a broken kitty tail.  So my quiet time with God didn't happen until late this evening after the day's drama was over.

As I flipped through my Bible uncertainly, I found myself in Psalm 28, where I am reminded that God will hear my cries for help and listen to my prayers for mercy, that he is my strength and my shield, he will help me and fill my heart with joy, as long as I trust in him. That took me to Psalm 31, where I am again reminded that he is my rock and my fortress, and will pull me safely from my enemies' traps and protect me.

Ps 31:14-16   But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, "You are my God!" My future is in your hands. Rescue me from those who hunt me down relentlessly. Let your favor shine on your servant. In your unfailing love, rescue me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I am your newest follower from a blog hop:) I think it is an old linky so I am quite late but here none the less. I love finding new blogs and your is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...